PAUM President's Message
WELCOME TO THE PAUM WEBSITE, the website of Persatuan Alumni Universiti Malaya.
After operating for 18 years (since 1 April 1998) at the UM bungalow in Section 16, the year 2015 arrived to mark several milestones in the annals of PAUM :-
- With the Certificate of Fitness (CF) issued in December 2014, the Clubhouse Operations Committee went into full swing to make the clubhouse into an operating hub for activities for members and UM Alumni.
- The Lease of Land Agreement was signed with UM on 16 March 2015 and the Concessionaire Agreement with Eden Catering Sdn Bhd on 11 May 2015 paving the way for the refurbishment of the new clubhouse.
- Several tender exercises were carried out and the Banquet Hall opened its doors for Ramadhan Buffet from 22 June 2015. Since then, the Banquet Hall and Seminar Rooms have become popular venues for bookings of functions, events and meetings.
- The soft opening of the new clubhouse premises with limited facilities to members was in November 2015 after the opening of the Aroma Café by Eden Catering on 5 October 2015.
- Activities for members commenced in December 2015 with swimming lessons followed by Taichi, Qigong and badminton lessons in January 2016, jamming sessions at the Garden Terrace and movies in March 2016 and upcoming Aikido and Zumba Fitness in April 2016. The PAUM UM#111 Homecoming Carnival will be held on 23 – 24 April 2016. More activities for members are being planned.
- In line with PAUM’s motto: The Society that Cares, the Qigong Cancer Support unit (CSU) moved to the new clubhouse in January 2016 and now operates every Sunday morning at the new clubhouse.
We are now beginning to realize our vision to make the PAUM Clubhouse the hub for all UM Alumni activities and are now embarking on a membership campaign to woo UM Alumni to join PAUM. The lifetime entrance fee is currently at RM1,000.00 with monthly subscriptions at RM60.00.
DO SIGN UP NOW to be part of the UM Alumni fraternity.
DATUK NOORDIN ABD. RAZAK